NOTE: Bounce Back was released in version 1.5.3 [see Change Log], available on the App Store since June 28, 2013
Bounce Back covers two quite different feature requests for buttons groups.
One was to have the option to disallow shutting off the last button, or cause the last button to resend. This is seen here in this user suggestion.
The other was a suggestion from User #1 (Mike Rosenstark) to have to return to the previous on last button press. Apparently, this was a feature on the Digitech PMC 10, although that’s hard to confirm right now (no longer in production).
The feature is called Bounce Back because of this suggestion (and it sounds cool, too). Instructions below.
Set It Up
- Create a dynamic control (knob, slider, crossfader or the axis of an X/Y pad)
- Make it a supercontrol
- Add all the buttons of interest as subcontrols. Now you have a button group.
- Now use Relationships → Options as Super → Button Group 2nd Press
- Button Shuts Off — second tap turns the selected button off. Now all the buttons are off.
- No Action (Exclusive) — second tap does nothing. After initial press, one button is always on
- Resend (Exclusive 2) — second tap resends on value. After initial press, one button is always on
- Bounce Back to Previous Button — second tap selects previously selected button. After initial press, one button is always on
- Bounce Back to First Button — second tap selects first button in button group. After initial press, one button is always on
- Bounce Back to Last Button — second tap selects last button in button group. After initial press, one button is always on