MIDI Designer release 1.5 introduces front-back layering in MIDI Designer. This means, simply, that you can:
- put a control on top of another one (overlapping or completely enclosed)
- consistently layer: your layering will not change in performance mode and is saved with the layout.
How to Layer
- When a control is touched in Design Mode, it is automatically brought to the front
- To send a control to the back, use Actions -> Send to Back
- On iPad, controls that span both pages cannot be layered behind controls on the right page. This problem currently has no solution and typically affects only one-big-page users.
- Panels do not enter the layering scheme for MIDI Designer. They are always behind controls. If your panels ever appear over the controls, switch pages and switch back. This is a small defect in 1.5 that will be fixed soon.