- Standard - with 25 in-app presets
- 127 Preset edition - More in-app preset toggles. You'll need to get the in-app purchase to make the most of this, since it features the picker control. You can test it out without making the purchase. But the moment you go into design mode and out, it'll stop working. Hence making a "standard" version without the ticker that does not require the extra purchase.
- Dip switches are controlled by swiping across
- If you tap dials a few times it will get them to jump to what I have set as default
- I added some presets to get you started. Almost all of them are taken from Knob's video
Midi Channel Is set to 5. You can change these by going into design mode. Then double tapping each tab and going to the controls pane. Repeat the process for each of the tabs with controls on them
Retaining in-app presets: If you are adding in-app presets, make sure you save your layout at the end of a session. This will write them to the layout file. Open the App Menu -> Tap Config -> Then tap Save Layout in the Actions Tab
HOW TO USE:
- Install: 1) Install Midi Designer from the Apple App store 2) Download the layout file below and load it into the app 3) Open app menu -> config -> save layout. Optional - but it will save you a bit of time if you are switching layouts in future
- Getting this working over bluetooth: I highly recommend the CME Widi jack. Use a midi box that's switchable to work with Chase Bliss pedals (Ring active). Because it's switchable you can then use any stereo TRS cable. I am using the Disaster Area Midi Box 4. Do not try using a Widi jack plugged directly into the Mood pedal's midi input - it won't work because the TRS cable CME use is wired up the standard way.
IN APP PRESETS:
Saving in-app presets: Use the slider to pick the slot -> Hit Save -> Label your preset
Recalling in-app presets:
- Option 1 (easiest to use): Use quick toggle buttons below slider.
- If you want to label the toggles: 1) Go into 'Design Mode' 2) Tap the padlock to uncheck 'Others' (to allow changes) 3) Double tap the toggle to bring up a menu where you can title your preset button (if already unlocked you can skip the second action)
- Option 2: Use the slider to go to the preset slot. Then tap 'Recall'.
If you spot anything that has not been mapped correctly, let me know and I'll do my best solve them. If you enjoy using this layout I'd love to know in the comments or via Instagram.
This is a non-official layout. Use at your own risk. I did share this with the Chase Bliss support team though and got a thumbs up.
I am not connected to Chase Bliss, and I don't work for Midi Designer. I made this for my personal use, and thought I'd post it here so other people can enjoy using it.
For Midi Designer Pro app issues please contact the Midi Designer support team
For issues with pedal hardware or software please contact Chase Bliss.