The Novation Circuit was released in 2016 to critical acclaim, most importantly because of how fun it is to play. We concur.
Music Radar says:
It's a standalone, digital instrument featuring a four-part drum machine, two six-note polyphonic synths and a deceptively deep sequencer. In the words of Novation, Circuit is "designed to inspire", with a heavy emphasis on immediacy, intuitiveness and experimentation.
While no one is giving up a bigger, heavier, computer- and hardware-based rigs for the Circuit, we keep finding ourselves noodling with the Circuit instead of playing our "real" rigs.
This performance-oriented layout elevates the seriousness of the Circuit a notch by giving you direct access to all macro controls for each track.
This layout is an early sketch and can be expanded.
- The Circuit will respond immediately to global presets created in MD.
- The Circuit is fully bidirectional, so it will send back the values of controls when modified on the device, HOWEVER:
- The Circuit will not send back macro controls when you change synth patches.
Beyond that, there are a lot of aspects of the Circuit that we haven't contemplated, particularly sidechains, switching octaves for keyboards, and more. v0.0.04 is just a start and hopefully inspires you to:
- Play the Circuit and make some music
- Modify this layout and
- Share your modifications of this layout