While MIDI Designer is mainly focused on music production hardware and software control, I find it readily adapted to interfacing with, and controlling, Hauptwerk Virtual Pipe Organs. The layout provides touch control of Stops, Tabs, Couplers, and Pistons. The featured layout is one of several variations I have developed recently.
Midi Designer Pro features
- Programmable iPad touch control of organ functions
- Layouts that mirror the physical Organ layout
- Multiple readily switchable layouts in MDP
- Dual iPad operation for Left Jamb, Right Jamb
Hauptwerk options include:
- Master Generals Stepper and Reversible registrations
- Programmable layout(s) for one or more specific organ sets
- Registrations can be programmed off line in the iPad
One unique MD design feature is a sequencer/stepper that provides sequencing through 20 Master General Combos coupled with the 32 Cued Combinations to provide up to 640 steppable registrations. Up and Down button control is via the iPad or can optionally be implemented with hardware pistons. I have a hardware implementation based on the damper input to my keyboards to avoid requiring a separate midi interface.