It would be nice to have a thriving Boss Katana midi designer pro community. Use this layout, try it, mess around with it and let’s make it better together.
Here is a practical layout to access all red, green and yellow fx on the fly.
- Direct access to all the other fx slots for each preset;
- opportunity to combine boost and mod, combine delay and fx; (not possible with standard boss tone studio);
- opportunity to use boost and mod separately, delay and fx seperately, think of it as 9 extra stomp boxes for each preset.
Usage: press the colored buttons in the MDP layout for each fx slot. When using boost you can use the solo button. The black buttons function to turn on/off each fx block, use it most to turn it off or recall the setting.
The bar in the middle can be use to combine the fx. To return to separate fx handling press off on the bar and press one time mod (or fx) to have the separate fx handling back.
What do you need:
- you and your DIY attitude;
- a boss katana;
- an IOS device, preferable a iPhone 5 (and up);
- for wireless transmission an Yamaha ud bt 01 Bluetooth usb-midi host or a raspberry https://neuma.studio/rpi-as-midi-host.html (less than 50 bucks);
- other options: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15763.0;
- midi designer pro app;
- maybe a nano rubber stickon for your iOS device;
- this beta release layout.
Make sure In boss katana studio the midi channel is set to , the fx1 (boost/mod button) has midi CC16, FX2 (delay/fx button) has midi CC17 and FX3 (reverb button) has midi CC 18.