This layout aims to provide control of the sound-designing parameters of the fantastic upgrade kit from Frederic Vecoven for the Roland JX-10/MKS-70. This adds tons of new stuff, and with an additional kit, even PWM (pulse width modulation).
This layout is still in the TESTING phase. The "Upper/B" tone controls aren't added yet, as I first want to know that the "Lower/A" section works properly. Obviously the PWM controls only do something if you have the additional PWM kit installed. I might add Arpeggiator controls eventually, but don't have an JX-10 myself, so can't test it. In fact, my MKS-70 isn't upgraded yet - so I can't test any of this myself! The "Patch" pages are still the same as my original MKS-70 layout and will need some rework too.
Please leave a reply to this post with your findings, so I can optimize it and add more to it!
I have "One big page" enabled in the Options section. Please be aware that opening this on your iPad will overwrite the layout currently in memory.
Information on the upgrade can be found here:
- More parameters for ENV 1 and 2, including looping
- Two extra Envelopes
- Extra LFO
- New waveforms for the LFOs
- ENV modulation: any of the 4 available ENVs can be selected as source, + and -
- LFO modulation: any of the 2 available LFOs can be selected as source, + and -
- VCF LFO modulation is possible by BOTH LFOs at the same time
- PWM (requires the additional PWM Kit)
- Sending and receiving of MIDI CC in addition to Sysex programmability
- JX-10 only: arpeggiator
Enjoy, looking forward to your feedback!