MIDI Target Manufacturer(s):
I finally enabled my editor layout to understand sysex from the synth. So now I can drag an existing patch into the layout and adjust it if needed.
In this case the input rule was really easy to make, since there are no dirty tricks in the sysex (packed data etc.). It is basically a single loop, that translates the bytes for the MD controls.
There are two ways to transmit the sound: the beauty is, that the DX automatically transmits every patch when selecting it on the synth. So you just click on the according patch select button on the synths panel and it appears instantly in the layout.
The other way is of course to use the "Get Sound" button in the layout, which drags the currently selected patch over using a dump request.
I had to change a few things in the layout, since I still faced difficulties with button groups to respond to incoming messages: the big algorithm selector in the second tab is now a ribbon with graphical representations of the algorithms. Also there are ribbons for the poly mode and portamento mode.
- Voice Select to select memory locations for play or to store to; since the DX21 sends out a single patch dump automatically, whenever a voice is selected, the layout will always adapt to the settings immediately.
- New buttons for Single Play and Store
- Voice name display next to Voice Select
- Randomize for the spectrum (level and tuning of operators), for the envelopes and for both
- Rearranged operator controls
- Minor bug fixing