The Yamaha reface DX was released at Summer NAMM in 2015 as part of the Reface Mobile Mini Keyboards line. The reface DX is a modern version of the DX100, which many experts agree is one of the most underrated synths of the 1980s. The reface DX focuses on portability: 37 mini keys, a built-in speaker, optional battery power and a low price point are some of the big differences from the original. And for such a tiny keyboard... this EXTENSIVE, Platinum layout.
We take our hats off to the author, Helfried, for this extensive, bidirectional MIDI controller for the Yamaha reface DX. And like most good things these days, this layout underwent a LOT of iteration. Amazing... lots of detail and precision in this one... check it out!
Hi, here is my version of a full editor for Yamaha reface DX. It is possible to request the current patch from the reface (req-button on edit pages). Everything is working, but I still have to improve the resolution of the master tune slider (edit: fixed). Wish i could add graphics or more than one text line to "named ticks" in MD to visualize the algorithms better (edit: the new version 0.9.9.c has better graphics for algorithms etc..)
Any questions, comments or bug reports welcome!
- update 23.9.2015#1 - few bugfixes
- update 23.9.2015#2 - v.0.9.1 improved algorithms display
- update 24.9.2015 - v.0.9.2 - bugfixes, higher resolution for master tune, reset-button for master tune & transpose
- update 25.9.2015 - v.0.9.3 - bugfixes, init voice button, transpose buttons for keyboard, some graphic enhancements
-update 28.9.2015 - bugfixes, some graphic changes,+/- buttons for scaling page, program change-buttons are combined with a request-command (pressing one of these buttons recalls the patch on DX and sends all patch-parameters to MD)
-update 30.9.2015 - v.0.9.4 - bugfixes, graphic changes
-update 30.9.2015 / 1.10.2015 - v.0.9.5 - small bugfixes - added copy/paste buttons for envelopes - the synth must be connected to use these buttons (MD requests the values, alters the OP-ID and resends them - this was the only way i found to do it). There are two pages on hidden bank 2 - full of controls just for copying, transfering and converting all envelope parameters :-)
update 4.10.2015 - some graphic changes, added arrow buttons for patch name input (only working with connected synth) and added help button (hope my english spelling is OK, any improvement proposals and suggestions are welcome!)
- update 7.10.2015 - v.0.9.7 - a few minor bugfixes, graphic changes, added "phrase button" ;-) - v.0.9.8 - v.0.9.9 bugfixes
- update 18.10.2015 - v.0.9.9a - bugfixes, added new "view" - button to switch between 4page - and 2page - design for the editor, some graphic changes, new "preview-phrases" (better working with different sounds, one polyphonic, one monophonic - alternating)
- update 09.11.2015 - v.0.9.9c - bugfixes, added bypass-button for FX, added templates for envelopes (piano,pad,gate), added page for graphical visualization and selection of algorithms (this version needs a lot of memory - - 11.11.2015 - 01:40 AM - minor update(some bugfixes) , version number remains 0.9.9c
- update 22.11.2015 - v. 0.9.9d - added a "randomizer-page" - to create (more or less) random values for groups of parameters or all of them. It is not perfect random in a mathematical sense - but it sounds very random ;-) (btw. - longer button presses create more random results) (edit 23.11 - minor bugfix)
any improvement proposals and suggestions are welcome!