Layout for Yamaha's DX7/TX7 Reface. Now in version 1.3, this newly-refactored layout controls many parameters of the DX7.
Everybody and his sister has a DX7, so it was time to make a layout for it in version 1.6.5. I want you guys to test this out. Reading through some forums I saw that people had trouble with controlling their DX7 with a midi controller. They encountered real-time audio problems. I used long throw on the controls so I hope they will solve the real-time audio problems. Right now I didn't have the opportunity to test the layout in the studio, but tomorrow I will connect the DX7 to the studio. I uploaded this so you guys can test it too. And please report anything you notice. I am thinking of adding various step buttons on the layout should the layout cause trouble during realtime use.
Alg+Op Page: contains the Algorithms and the Operator On/Off buttons
PCHLFO: contains the pitch envelope, the lfo and some misc controls.
Keys Page: Supports a whole keyboard now. You can shift the keyboard octaves up and down. Take note that the keys don't change name, but on the left size you see knobs that tell you what the starting note of that row of keys is. So if a knob says C1 the row of keys starts with C1 and the keys following it increase the notes.
OP pages: Every Op page represents one Operator now. Every OP page also shares the master volume knob along with the preset selections. The default internal preset and cartride presets are supported, as well as the first 128 presets of a Supermax card. If anyone knows how I can access remaining presets in a Supermax card through bank and program changes please let me know!
So now you can have:
1) keys on the left page and operators on the right side (useful for for TX7, but also for experimenting of course)
2) keys on the left page and traverse the presets on the right side
3) change presets on the right side and change algorithms on the left side
Before you can use this layout make sure that SYS INFO is set set to Avail in the DX7/TX7 otherwise your gear won't react to the sysex messages.
Edit: I created version 1.1. Some parameters of the DX7 cause glitches when I turn the knobs on my layout so I just introduced step buttons for every knob except the volume knob that has no glitches.
New in version 1.1
- Volume knob (marked with a red background. Had to find a place somewhere. :))
- Internal preset selection (marked with a red background)
- Cartridge preset selection (marked with a red background)
- Step buttons for every knob
- All knobs labels are in upper case now.
Bit Changers have been added so you can now turn on and off the operators you want to turn on and off.
Layout has been rearranged. All operator pages have been moved to bank 2. Most global setting have been moved to bank 1. A keyboard page with a small keyboard has been added to support the TX-7 better. Screen shots update will follow.
The layout has been rearranged again.
- Algorithms are in an overview now, as well as the pitch envelope and keyboard level scaling
- Support for selecting the first 128 Supermax card presets (if anyone knows, please tell me how to access the remaining presets in the Supermax card through bank and program changes, so I can support this)
- Complete keyboard range is available now.
- Easier to use now.
- Take note: This layout does not support Supermax parameters. There is no sysex specification for it as far as I know. If there is please let me know\