I have to work with a Yamaha Clavinova CLP 535 soon to perform a number of songs in sequence. This keyboard is very basic. One thing missing from this keyboard is the ability to store registrations for each song. I'd like to be able to setup the sounds for each of the songs before each performance. If I understand correctly, I have two options: MDClav or Midi Designer Pro 2.
- Is my understanding correct that the "preset" feature in Midi Designer Pro can be used to store song sound configuration presets?
- Does MDClav has the ability to save and restore presets like Midi Designer Pro?
- If the answer to question 2 is yes, would the preset buttons in MDClav be available for quick access during performace?
- If the answer to question 2 is no, is there a readily available Midi Designer Pro layout for CLP 535? If not, how feasible is it for me to create a basic layout for CLP 535 myself?
- How configurable is MDClav? In other words, does it have a Design mode or just a Play mode?
Any suggestions most welcomed.