MIDI Target Manufacturer(s):
The first version of the Nord Lead was released by Clavia in 1995. Gordon Reid from Sound on Sound called it, "a magic piece of electronics," and it demonstrated a new type of synthesis -- "Virtual Analog Synthesis" -- to an industry obsessed with PCM-based workstations and samplers. The Nord Lead 4 continues the evolution with "innovative new performance features, advanced layering and synchronization possibilities, new filter types and on-board effects." The problem, as usual, is how to control such a beast? The Lead 4 only has 29 knobs and some buttons. As layout author Stashhunter (Michael) puts it, tweaking on the knobs of the NL4 is "funny" (think "awkward"). So he created this layout, "to visualize the lots of parameters of the complex voices." It's got some limitations -- see the notes -- but overall it's a wonderful way to get some control over this monstrous and amazing synth. We're extremely grateful to our Community and pioneers like Stashhunter for their contributions.
My name is Michael, im from Germany. First sorry, my english isn't so good but i'll try my best.
Here I wrote a layout for the Nord Lead 4. Primary I did it to visualize the lots of parameters of the complex voices. Editing is possible with the iPad, but playing on the knobs of the NL4 is more funny... ;)
If you have suggestions, what can be better feel free, do it and post it here!
Some additional tips:
- the layout only works with the programs an the focussed voice the performances. If someone had an idea, how to handle perfs: do it, post it!
- to send the current voice data to the ipad, connect it via MIDI interface or network to the NL4 and send the CC's this way:
- Press at the NL 4 Shift->MIDI(Slot B)->6CC->Execute and the MD-Layout will setting and visualize the current voice values.
- Now you can play and edit...
- I've written the layout for the newest NL4-OS-version 1.30
Have fun an a happy 2015!