MIDI Target Manufacturer(s):
The Yamaha CS6x (and the rack-mount version, the CS6R) was released in 1999. It's a wickedly powerful (64-channel polyphony!) 61-key keyboard with awesome sounds. It's been called the "best synth for EDM" and boasts all kinds of cool features (filters, plug-in system boards adding new types of synthesis, and more). And it's a sampler! But where this device falls down is in the UI: to say the least, it's "not very user friendly." And this is where EZB enters the picture with this insanely extensive, platinum-medaled layout for MDP2. This layout is HUGE, which shows his dedication and craftsmanship: it spans eight banks (four on each side) and uses almost the full six pages in each bank. It represents thousands of hours of work, so if you dig it, please give EZB some feedback on the Q&A site. Enjoy!
Finally the CS6X/R layout has come back to Midi Designer.
The Yamaha CS6X and CS6R, which in my opinion are gems of a synth, have a menu that's not very user friendly.
This layout only edits the synth voices. Drum voices and performances can't be edited with this layout. The CS6X/CS6R is so extensive that I would need a separate layout for the drum voices and a separate layout for the performances. The synth just doesn't fit into one Midi Designer layout.
This layout works best on IOS7. IOS 5 caused me memory problems, so if you have IOS5 this layout might not be for you.
Comments and remarks are welcome and if some things don't work please mention them to me and I will see what I can do. This is the most extensive synth to create a layout for so mistakes might be there in the layout.
If you have any comments lor bugs let me know.
Some usage notes.
- In the Osc, Env, LFO+Arp, Vel+Kf pages each row of knobs represents an element.
- The Buttons 1 through 4 (the bit changers) will mute or unmute the corresponding layer in your preset.
- The + and - step buttons always control the knob left from them.
- The B+ and B- buttons go to the next or previous set of pages.
- This layout is designed for One Big Page and Change Banks together turned on.
- Pressing a button in the inserts, chorus and reverb sections will select that corresponding effect.
- In the inserts, chorus and reverb section the buttons some buttons are grouped because they have the same parameters.
Each insert, chorus and reverb page will give you the opportunity to turn the insert, the chorus or the reverb off.
- Some knobs and sliders have a colored background. That is to distinguish them from the rest.
EDIT: There is new layout now.
New in layout version 7.1
- Bit Changers
- Bank Change problem has been solved.
- Rearrangement of some GUI components
- A bit of paneling to distinguish the elements (layers) of the preset