You’ve always imagined the perfect MIDI controller.
Finally, you can create it with MIDI Designer.
MIDI Designer has become the go-to MIDI controller for professional musicians, DJs, sound engineers, lighting technicians and VJs the world over. It is the best way to control hardware and software synths, effects, DAWs, lighting rigs and robotics applications because it lets you design your control surface right on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
[Demo Video 2 of 2, iPhone]
Use MIDI Designer to design it right on your device with ease (no “editor program” and no scripting, ever). Switch to performance mode and play it hard. Design some more. Repeat until perfect.
- Your rig has the controls you need (knobs, sliders, crossfaders, X-Y pads, buttons), in the sizes you want, arranged in a way that makes sense to you. Put labels where you need them. Organize, reorganize, play.
- Your rig has one page, a few pages, or tons of pages. Mix color and texture for each. Arrange them. Rearrange them.
Unleash It (It=MIDI)
MIDI Designer breaks through the limits of hardware:
- Rewind the timeline. Save all current control positions to presets for instant recall.
- Supercontrols: Set up chains of controls. Have one superknob turn several knobs, or have a superbutton shut off hundreds of buttons in a single touch. The possibilities are endless.
- Copy the same control to multiple pages.
- Save your rig, copy it, share it.
- Advanced features: unique features like “Extra CC & Hold” allow you to exploit the advantages of a virtual controller [video].
Use It With Your Feet
Step on MIDI Designer; it was made from the ground up to be used with hardware pedalboards. As pages change, the same hardware controls connect to different controls. You can finally build the infinite virtual pedalboard of your dreams [More About the Ultimate Hybrid].
Design Easy, Play Hard
Design to your heart’s content—even in the middle of a gig—and play it hard. MIDI Designer is battle-tested and performance-ready, with sub-5ms end-to-end latency over Wifi, and it’s even faster via hardware.
MIDI Designer connects to your computer via CoreMIDI over Wifi with sub-5ms-response. Without a computer you can use Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer™, Apple® iPad Camera Connection Kit, or iConnect MIDI for a direct hardware connection (even to your DAW).
Get to Know It
MIDI Designer is the result of years of experiments. Now, it just works. In Design Mode itís flexible and allows you to build your rig quickly, easily, and intuitively. In Performance Mode, your rig locks down for solid playing.
MIDI Designer’s unique two-up page design lets you mix and match parts of your rig in a flexible, natural way. Knob and Slider Overlays (patent pending) solve the your-finger-is-not-see-through problem once and for all. Dozens of other features including page banks and unique-CC note selection allow you to make your perfect rig using MIDI Designer for iOS.
I hope MIDI Designer lets you express your perfect MIDI controller. It’s time.
MIDI Designer Lite (Free)
MIDI Designer Pro